[Wapt] Error Building Agent 2.5.3.15292 Please check if waptbinaries.sha256 has not been altered

Denis CARDON dcardon at tranquil.it
Lun 12 Fév 12:55:13 CET 2024

Hi Dominik,

> After upgrade from 2.5.2.15207 to 2.5.3.15292 I received the following
> error when trying to bu
>
> Error while creating waptagent.exe : Checking hashes of executables on
> server against Tranquil IT certificate has failed. Please check if
> waptbinaries.sha256 has not been altered.

There is a bug in the in the waptconsole when checking the waptsetup.exe
signature. Your older code signing certificate expired this weekend, and
it actually should'nt be an issue because the timestamping of the exe
file is properly in the timeframe of validation of that certificate
(when checking the signature, one has to check that the certificate was
valid at the time of the signature, the timestamping of the date of
signature itselft being signed by an external authority).

However in the console when checking the validity of the
waptbinaries.sha256 file which contains the hashes of the differents exe
/ installers, the time validation is done by comparing the current time
and not the timestamping time. So the file is rejected...

There should be a new release later in the day with a fix. In the
meantime, you can build the agent on the command line as the wrong
timestamping check is done only in the console. To build the agent run
the command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\wapt\wapt-get.exe" build-waptagent -c
C:\Users\dcardon\AppData\Local\waptconsole\waptconsole.ini

Cheers,

Denis