[Wapt] wapt-get command line local administrator

Hubert TOUVET htouvet at tranquil.it
Mon Jun 8 14:52:24 CEST 2020

Hello,
By design, local administrators can install everything with wapt...
because anyway, local administrators are allowed to do so on Windows
(the good practice is to remove local admin rights for regular users...
and wapt is helpful for that)
Restricted was a old way to "hide" some packages from the self service,
but does not actually prevent a user from installing it.
With wapt enterprise, one can define what each group of users can see
and install on the Self service. And We can ask wapt to restrict the
view of packages for local admins too (but this still does not prevent
them to install if they do it using an elevated cmd prompt)
wapt-get.exe is required for many actions in wapt (in particular
session-setup) and is used to get the actual version of wapt installation.
I highly suggest you to not delete it..