[Wapt] Template tis-adobereader in another language than French?

Bastien HERMITTE bhermitte at b2pweb.com
Thu Sep 27 11:51:49 CEST 2018

Hello,

The "package" directory is just extracted from the installer, there is
no need to change many things inside.

Here is the procedure I use to create the package :

- download and install Adobe Customization Wizard DC :
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/AcrobatDC/misc/CustWiz1502020039_en_US_DC.exe
- download Adobe Reader DC installer, in your language, from here :
https://get.adobe.com/fr/reader/enterprise/
I continue with the German installer but this is the same procedure with
the Norwegian installer.
- extract the installer with this command :
AcroRdrDC1801120063_de_DE.exe -nos_o"C:\package" -nos_ne
- launch Adobe Customization Wizard et open the file C:\package\AcroRead.msi
- define the parameters you want, for example :
-- Personalization Options :
--- check "Suppress display of End User License Agreement (EULA)
-- Installation Options :
--- check "Silently (no interface)"
--- check "Suppress reboot"
-- Shortcuts :
--- remove desktop shortcut (right clic /Remove on Desktop/Adobe
Reader DC)
-- Online Services and Features :
--- check"Disable product updates"

- click on "Transform/Generate Transform..." (in the top menu) and save
the .mst file in C:\package\AcroRead.mst
- in the file C:\package\Setup.ini, add this line in the [Product]
section :
CmdLine=TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst"
- copy the C:\package directory inside the WAPT package

Here is the setup.py I use :
/# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-//
//from setuphelpers import *//
//
//uninstallkey = ["{AC76BA86-7AD7-1036-7B44-AC0F074E4100}"]//
//
//def install()://
//     for process in ('AcroRd32.exe','AdobeARM.exe')://
//         if isrunning(process)://
//             print ("Fermeture de %s" % process)//
//             killalltasks(process)//
//
//     run(r'package\setup.exe')/

And then you just have to build your package and upload it to your WAPT
repository.

When new versions of Adobe Reader will be released, you'll have to :
- edit the package
- change the version in the control file
- change the patch in the package directory :
-- replace AcroRdrDCUpd1801120063.msp by the newer version .msp file
- change the patch name in the Setup.ini file
-- replace "PATCH=AcroRdrDCUpd1801120063.msp" by
"PATCH=AcroRdrDCUpdXXXXXXXXXX.msp" (replace the X by the version numbers
of the new .msp file)
- build and upload package to your WAPT repository

Regards,
Bastien